en/VISION Lab: A Virtual Experience for Diverse Creatives
Uncover your creative voice and explore personal wellness through visual storytelling in our en/VISION Lab. From August 25th – October 15th, weekly labs will dive into the technical skills needed to create micro decks and video content, while artistic expression sessions will encourage you to sharpen your knowledge of self and artistic vision. All digital labs are virtual, interactive, and free. The lab will culminate with a screening of each participant’s video piece.
The en/VISION Lab runs on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm.
The en/VISION Lab includes:
- 8 Visual Storytelling Labs facilitated by Digital Media Artist and Filmmaker, Naphtali McKenly, who will introduce participants to the content production labour market and practical skills in storytelling, content creation, and production.
- Artistic Expression Labs designed to help you explore and find yourself as an artist, and give you the tools to set intentional career goals will be facilitated by Writer, Producer, and Multi-media Artist Oyin Olalekan.
- Creative discovery sessions and panels with industry leaders.
- Access to a peer community support network of POV alumni and mentors.
- “Fast-track” to the shortlist for POV’s Media Training Program or Production Assistant Training Program.
This program has been specifically created for youth under Ontario Works or youth who are facing multiple barriers to employment as defined by Employment Ontario.
This includes youth (18 – 30 years of age) who identify as:
- a recipient of Ontario Works
- a visible minority
- as part of the LGBTTQ2S* community
- Indigenous youth
- recent immigrants
- youth who face financial barriers
To apply, register before Monday, August 17th at 6:00pm through the link below.
You can also ask your caseworker to refer you through POES.