October 25, 2018
APPLICATIONS FOR THE 2019 MEDIA TRAINING PROGRAM ARE NOW OPEN!
APPLY HERE! APPLICATION
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS IS DEC 2
Are you interested in a career in the film, TV or advertising industries?
Are you passionate about creating content?
Are you between the ages of 18 and 29?
Then the Media Training Program is for you!
The Media Training Program is a free six month program that introduces aspiring content creators to the world of film, TV, digital and advertising. In this program participants will learn about the different departments, roles and responsibilities involved with creating content and receive entry-level creative, technical and workplace skills training. The aim of the program is to help youth who face multiple barriers to employment discover a career path and equip them with the entry-level skills needed to break in.
Unique to the Media Training Program is our emphasis on soft skills training to develop our participants’ self-awareness, ability to work well with others and prepare for navigating the workplace.
Intended Program Outcomes
- A greater understanding of how the film, TV/digital and advertising industries work.
- Entry-level creative, technical and professional skills
- A greater sense of career direction and the path to achieve one’s career goals
- Access to professional mentors
You are eligible to apply if you are:
✓ between the ages of 18 – 29
✓ passionate about working in the media industry
✓ face multiple barriers to employment*
✓ can attend all workshops between January and June 2019 held on Saturdays from 10am – 5pm and Wednesdays 6 – 9pm (with the exception of holidays)
✓ are self-motivated and can work independently
✓ media experience an asset
* Barriers as defined by Employment Ontario include youth who identify as:
– a visible minority
– as part of the LGBTTQ2S* community
– Indigenous youth
– recent immigrants
– youth who face financial barriers
– youth with disabilities and/or mental health issues.
If you have any questions about the application process, please email email@example.com.
Sign up for an information session to find out more! INFO SESSION SIGN UP